Tuesday, December 16, 2008

RM3 Dividend


I received a dividend cheque from a company, I am not going to disclose the name of the company to save its' face. They really have the 'heart' to reward their investors despite the dividend is only RM3!! I wonder why they don't accumulate the dividends so they can send out a RM10 cheque all together later. With the time and money invested to print and mail this cheque, it could be more than the value of the cheque. Or maybe they worry they would have spend away the money if they don't give it to the investor, I don't understand.
Holding a RM3 cheque, I start to think what can I buy with RM3 and how far I can stretch with RM3...
I figure out if I purposely drive a car to the bank and deposit the cheque, I would have received less than RM3 because my rough estimation will be, out of the RM3, RM1 will be allocated as fuel charge for the round trip. So, I only have RM2 on hand.
With RM2 on hand, I can buy a drink at the coffee shop and buy a "barley ice" or without ice, or go for a Milo with or less sugar, with some small changes left. There won't be any other extra cost if I spent it in the coffee shop, because the coffee shop is walking distance from my house. Or with RM2, I can buy one or two slice of bake bread for a 'extra light' breakfast. I still remember that when I was in high school, I can get 1 litre of Dutch Lady full cream milk for 99 cents (Low fat milk at RM1.29). Now it is selling at Rm4.39! At that time, full cream milk is cheaper than low fat milk, but today, both are at the same price, may be the supply for low fat milk has increased due to people are more health conscious nowadays.
So with the RM2, let say you are very lucky... RM2 can get you a maximum of RM7k if you strike 4D, RM30k for 5D, RM200K for 6D if you place a RM2 bet! Now if you look at another perspective, the RM3 can mean something provided you are very very lucky... well, I don't think I have that kind of luck, I deposit it into the bank so it will be used as part of the annual bank maintenance charge, I just let it disappear without me knowing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyor y so upset? Few years ago I once received a divident cheque of RM0.80!!!!!

Kwong said...

Wow... 0.80 cents? Hahahha