Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Cousin's baby full moon party

Just came back from my cousin's baby full moon party, the main reason that I want to go there is because of my auntie's "nasi lemak". The nasi lemak is so good until they get some sort of popularity in the little town called Kuala Selangor. They can make more than five hundred Ringgit in half a day selling nasi lemak in front of their grocery shop, the money is better than a general manager in Malaysia.

Over the party, I also get to try some of the Martell's Gordon Bleu. I can't even call myself a social drinker in real life, that is the reason I am not sure the word, "Martel/Martell", got one "L" or two "L"s. I never like the taste of alcohol. I drank some because I am very curious what is the difference between a RM300-400 whisky compare to a RM100 whisky like JW Black Label? To me, it is the same. I don't understand how can it be 'smooth' when it comes describing the taste of whisky. To me, if you want smooth, try some yogurt drink or Lassi, that is what I called "Smooth!".

Then, another auntie ask me to go and entertain her husband, so I follow her advice and went to sit next to my uncle, our topic begins with Mini cooper, he initiated that. After some sip of Gordon Bleu, he started to whisper to me when his daughter-in-law refuse to change the diaper for her kid, saying that the diaper has finished. My uncle told me when you want to look for a wife, don't look for those who are lazy, blah blah blah... he filed a complain against his daughter-in-law, and told me some stories and how he warned his son and how his daughter-in-law 'potong trip" and got herself pregnant. Well, I just said nothing and sat there and be his good listener, I fine it quite funny but I refrain myself from giving any comments. I try to be neutral when it comes to other people's family matters.

Anyway, for those young guys and young girls out there, if your parents disapprove someone, I would suggest that you listen to your parents or at least keep that in mind. I know some people might argue that you are adult and is over 21 y/o, you have your own thinking and you have the liberty when it comes to doing whatever is good for yourself; you think you also know how and who to choose or not to choose. But after seeing a lot of real life cases, I would say that due to the elders have more real life experience than us, their advice should be taken into consideration, most of them can tell right through their eyes whether the guy or gal you bring home is suitable to you or not. In the party, there is my cousins' cousin who is going to divorce soon, I think she looks quite young and pretty, I guess she is around 26-27 y/o only, I see that soon we are going to have a new member enlisted to the Malaysia's Single Mom list. That is sad fact mixed with stupidity element...

We left around 11:40pm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not here to discuss any family matter :D

Define "smooth" of whisky is: you even don't know that you are drinking alcoholic drink, the liquid won't make your throat like burning or make your mouth taste like hell, you won't feel any uncomfortable until you get drunk.

Hope you will taste it someday as what I descripe here ^_^

Kwong said...

Hahahah... too bad I missed out my cousin's wedding when his dad open up the 30 y/o Louis XIII! I guess the whisky is so smooth that after I drink it, in 5 minutes time I will have to go to toilet.