Tuesday, December 02, 2008

An Officer and a "Manager"


Sigh... today I feel like I was demoted, I have got my title changed from Partner Manager to "CMO". CMO is not "Chief Management Officer", it is "Contract Management Officer". So I actually feel that the only star on my shoulder was stripped off and was being replaced with three stripes.

I was wondering why my "M" title is replaced with "O" title instead, is it because I didn't manage anyone in the office or is it because the "O" title is more suitable for my job in a corporate setup? Seriously, I don't think an officer is higher rank than a manager. Alas, I just lost my "M" Power.

Thanks to my very caring boss, she gave me a very good adjustment this year, so good that it is over my expectation especially during such a tough time, if I was in my ex company, I think I need to wait for 2 years to get such an increment, but then, this will makes my salary to high for an officer, unless the manager level is making hell lot of money in my company.

Whatever it is, I wrote a short email to the HR director, which I knew her from my ex company. I need to check with her and see why there is such a downgrade on my job title despite my salary was being upgraded on the other hand. Do I have less responsibility now? I also ask her the job description of a CMO. Well, I expect the answer will be, "you can check with your boss." To me, a reasonable officer salary should be around 3-4k/month, unless you are referring to someone that has a title that starts with "Chief" and ends with "Officer". Or may be I am wrong.

If the company put a extra zero at the back of my monthly income or annual income, frankly speaking, I don't mind you give me a title that reads "Asshole". I don't care anymore, you can call me anything you want. Hahahahah

No comments: