Friday, December 05, 2008

"R" and "D" a.k.a Reverse and Drive


That day I went to the petrol station trying to pump like RM25 to my car so that it will last for 2-3 days till the flip-flop government revise the petrol price as promised.

I notice there is a Perodua Viva parking inside the petrol station shop, my first impression is Perodua is having some creative sales promotion. Within seconds, I notice there were glass pieces on the floor. It seems that some idiot can't even differentiate between "R" and "D" crashes his car into the shop.

After I analyze is a bit (not difficult to do so). This idiot steer the steering wheel to the left and stomp the gas pedal real hard when he is ready to go. Instead of engaging "D", he did a "R". Fortunately there are nobody get hurts.

I think this kind of "effing idiot" (please allow me to use the "eff" word), he is either too blur, on drugs or alcohol. They should have barred on getting a license or double their car lesson hours before they even allow to drive, such action is to prevent their do any dmages on human lives.

Nowdays you still can see a lot of people trying to save his or her car's battery power, because they refuse/forget to turn on their lights when is getting dark. I know they still can see the road ahead when it is not completely dark yet, but they miss out the point that turn on the lights is not only for you to see the road ahead of you, the most important thing is, let people see you at the back. A lot of drivers still doesn't catch it.

Last time while I was in Sri Lanka, there is a Chinese driver who also hit someone's car because of engaging the wrong gear. The most piss off part is he refuse to admit his mistake, he claimed that the 3 yrs old Toyota Vios "got problem". It sounds fishy that Toyota has produced so many Vios in Asia, don't tell me that they can't tackle such a major flaw on its' product, I ask him to give me the car keys so I can test out the car. Later on, my friend told me he admitted his mistake to another colleague that he engaged in the wrong gear. This fella doesn't have a driving license some more when he drive on the street, a lot of staff always love to use company's asset to practice his driving skill till the company need to release a notice and tell them to bear the own repair cost if there is any damages to the car. I have heard story that some not so talented driver even spoil the gear box of a brand new Honda City. I am glad that these people are not flying a commercial plane.

No comments: