Saturday, November 08, 2008

New local Yahoo interface

I am quite annoyed by this local/Malaysia Yahoo interface (as shown above). My default home page is always Yahoo website (www.yahoo.com), but now they are trying to be a smart ass by changing my default to (http://m.www.yahoo.com/) automatically and I don't like it!! Even though I try to force it to www.yahoo.com, but it still link me back to this new interface. Is just like facebook trying to make a changes on their old interface (picture below), someone even started a network which you can join if you hate the new interface.
Now I try to re-examine the pictures, the layout looks a bit like the old and new facebook, you can see how they put the key application for the old Yahoo interface, all key applications are placed on the left hand side like the old facebook where as the new Yahoo interface (picture above) move the key applications like mail, finance and stuff to the right hand side which is similar to the new facebook.

I have been very faithful to Yahoo and I have been setting their website as my default PC homepage for the past ten years. Even though people say how good is Google search engine and how good is msn homepage customization, but I don't really care, I just prefer Yahoo homepage because I can easily click "Mail" to access my email everyday. Now they are linking me to this Malaysia yahoo! Sheeeze!

The above is the original Yahoo homepage which my Firefox browser is still keeping it. I wonder why only Internet Explorer will lead me to the new interface which Firefox doesn't try to be smart ass on bringing me to local Yahoo server. I prefer the old one because I can have a quick look on how NYSE and NASDAQ doing in one glimpse!

2 comments:

炭精的世界 said...

Join google lah~~~ Best of the best~ kekeke

Kwong said...

I am still using Yahoo. Google standard webpage don't have news and stuff. :)