Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MAMA MIA!

Last time I won't able to secure cheaper tickets for the Mama Mia show during end of this year, so I told myself I will buy a ABBA original CD to appease my "lost" even though I already have a puh..pie...uh hmmmm (cough, cough)... CD copy from my ex ex ex ex Taiwanese colleague, Joi. Argh... I still remember her, she always said she want to slim her waist which in fact, it is already perfect.

I really want to watch the Mama MIA show live, but the only seats left are for those VIP, which obviously, I am NOT. The ticket cost more than RM300 after early bird discount, so I figure out might as well I spend Rm50 on one original CD, why pay RM300+ for a non-Las Vegas performance? :)

On my way to the barber shop just now, I walk by the CD store playing the Mama MIA soundtrack, so after my haircut, I went into the store and check out the Mama MIA album.. I think I better refer it to "Mama Mia" from now on, cuz "Mama MIA" sounds like "Mama Missing In Action". You don't want that happen!

To my surprise... yes, I was really surprise, perhaps is because I haven't buy an original CD for quite some time... Shhh....I want to buy, I know writing a song is hard and singing it is not that hard, but.... the price is too steep for a poor and humble citizen like me mah, not worth it you see... Guess how much they are selling? The CD is selling at the price of RM29.90! Wow, "Special Malaysia Edition" some more! Well, I guess may be is a polite way to say something like "Special Malaysia Edition" instead of "Hey, I know you Malaysians are cheap skate, love to share stuff, cuz sharing is caring, not willing to pay for Intellectual Property Rights; and we know most of you ain't going to pay RM50 for the CD because you aren't making as much as your neighbor down south, so now I am selling you cheap! So please buy originals okay? This edition is for Malaysia market only, Got it?"

In additional to that, there is a Malaysia flag logo on the CD cover too, buying the CD makes me feel so patriotic for a second. I feel like buying a "Buatan Malaysia" (Malaysia Made Product), even though ABBA is from Sweden.

While typing this article, I tested the CD with my ASUS blueray DVD-ROM, my RM200+ Creative Audigy sound card processed the sound out from the CD, and deliver the results to my RM400 Altec Lansing speakers.... Well, to be honest, there is no difference between my puh....pie...rrr.. (uh hummmm) CD copy... damn... why I cough whenever I mention the "P" word... you want a hint what is the "P" word? Okay... the hint is "Somali".

Nevermind, I will test it downstairs next time with better equipment.

No comments: