Monday, November 17, 2008

Greeting Cards

After I finished my dinner, I took out the trash. I also check the mailbox and see if there is any mail. I hope I can get a dividend check on such a hard time when all the stocks are 40% cheaper than few months ago.

I saw a letter for my dad; the sender is from Mouth & Foot Painting Artists Sdn. Bhd. I opened up the letter and found there were eight greeting cards inside attached with a cover letter and an order form. I guess my dad must have made some donation in the past and that is why we are getting such letter almost every year (maybe).

Frankly speaking, I hate this kind of “push sales” tactic; I have dealt with something similar in the past while in US– The Columbia House CD. They tend to mail you some CDs, like once in a while, hoping you might thought it is something which you have ordered. Once you opened it, you realize it is something you didn’t order. So you either keep the CD (which is very likely it is not something you like), accept the invoice, or you throw it back at the mail box with the box unopened, labeled it “return to the mailer”, and hopefully they can be returned to Columbia House.

So this Mouth & Foot Painting did the same thing, the only diff is they are for supporting the unfortunate people more than pure profit taking. I have to admit that the painting looks fine; however, I don’t have any use on the greeting cards. I am a mild environmentalist that encourages print less, save papers. Anyway, to prevent them on making any loss, I think I will purchase something which is not needed in the name of my father.

I decided to enclose a check of RM33.00 for the organization, which is not a lot of money, to buy off the cards which I received, I am attaching a note inside the envelope as well, telling them my father has passed away for a few years time and I hope they can remove my father’s name away from the mailing list because the person doesn’t exist anymore. I don’t want they waste their postage in the future if I am not buying it.

However, if you wish to support them, let say you are mailing cards to your clients, customers, friends and family, you can always support them from the below address:

Mouth & Foot Painting Artist Sdn. Bhd.
Lot 327, 2nd Floor, Ampang Park Shopping Centre,
Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Or
P.O. Box 12431, 50778 Kuala Lumpur.
03-21618860, 03-21618502

p/s: A friend want me to sell all those cards to him so he can send it to his customers. All cards sold!

No comments: