Saturday, June 09, 2007

Playing with MAC

Today the HP notebook sales rep visited my office and would like to hand me some documents. Together with him there was his colleague who is in charge of selling Apple Macintosh laptops. Well, I am clearly aware that our company doesn't buy Mac book, and one thing for sure, MAC book is not that widely acceptable in Asia.
It reminds me my university days which there is one time I am forced to use a Mac PC due to all IBM PCs were occupied, I put my 1.44 inch floppy into the disk drive and started to work on my assignment, after I have done with my work and plan to take off, I have a hardtime getting my diskette back. There is no button available for me to press, so it will release my diskette from the drive, I have to ask around to find out how to do it, at the end, forgot how we make it, either pressing a button on the keyboard or shutting down the machine, then only I can get my diskette back. What a bad experience, frankly speaking, I hate it!
After 10 years, I am meeting the Apple sales guy... I saw him holding a very cool white color Macbook, he said he want to demonstrate the usage of Macbook. I don't want to disappoint him and slam the door on his face(hate that when customer do that to me), so I let him do his job. One thing for sure, the laptop is well built, very high quality material compare to cheapo Dell units, the key pad feeling was quite good as well. The screen is quite clear and the boot up is faster than XP, that's why you always see the MAC and PC advertisement in youtube trying to playdown the IBM PC.
Anyway, after twenty minutes of demonstration, I still have to tell him the cruel fact that we don't use Macbook in company. as a IBM PC user for more than 20 yrs, I really don't get use to Mac interface, though I won't deny it is a good product, but it is not for me. Unless they are selling it cheap, then may be I will consider. :p

No comments: