Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I-Phone" vs "I-Fone"

A friend of mine bought an imitated iPhone in China recently, I called it , "I-Fone". The phone cost him RM500, he emphasized that he want to maintain his anonymity in my blog, so I am not going to disclose his real name.. heheheheh :) Don't get me wrong, this fella definitely can afford to buy ten Apple iPhone 3G model if he wanted to, with cash of course, just that he confessed to me that he can't resist the pretty Chinese sales girl who try to "seduce" him on buying this "I-Fone" for RM500, hahahha, I am trying to quote his original statement here.

While he is uploading some songs to my PC, I can't wait to take a few photos for comparison purpose. You don't need a genius to tell the difference between a RM1500 "I-Phone" with a RM500 "I-Fone".


Okay, here is the number key pad, you can tell the difference by looking at the clarity of the screen. The photos of course cannot compare to the real I-Phone, I doubt they are using a 1.3MP camera instead or may be a 2.0 MP camera but low quality color screen.
The real one seems to have larger interface, battery pointing to the right. The fake one's battery pointing to the left. :) I would say that the the "I-Fone" manage to beat the real I-Phone with its' dual sim cards feature. Nowadays business trip is very often, so I think a dual sim cards feature may come in very handy for a person that travels a lot. I don't even see a RM1k Nokia or Sony Ericsson's phone offer this key feature (may be got but I am not aware of it)
Both phones have the earth wallpaper. The "I-Fone" have a bigger earth.
The fake one got more black plastic. Pay attention on the apple logo, I think the fake one's logo is nicer because it has more "3D" look.
Lastly, the "I-Fone" is thicker compare to the real one on the right side.







2 comments:

炭精的世界 said...

wow...dual sim card, i-phone look, and RM 500 ? Man...ask your friend where he got it, I want to buy one too....i'm serious! I-Fone, forever!!! hahahaha

Kwong said...

Check with Power, tell him you want to buy a fake "ifone" in Shen Zhen, he will tell you the information. Beware of the sales girl! I think our friends have contribute enough sales to her on buying phones. :)