Monday, October 13, 2008

Rat War!


I have official declare my war against Rats.... this is because:
1. I feel so annoyed when they run here and there on top of the ceiling while I am writing blogs below the ceiling.
2. They chew off the power cords, Tupperware cover, bananas, clothes and apples on the table.
3. It happened twice that the rat ran into my room, disturbing my sleep.
So for the past two weeks, I really take my effort, install a mouse trap on the ceiling. My result has been fruitful, the two rats that you saw here were cooked with boiling water... Believe me, I want to try other more humane way to terminate it, but there isn't any better way...My mom said that you can left the rat under the sun and kill it, do you believe so? I don't think so, perhaps they just passed out. I want to make sure they are send to hell or heaven when it comes to terminate a pest.
The smell of the rat really makes me feel sick when I try to pour hot water on it, the smoke that came out from the body of the rat smells like burnt iron. When the rat squeaks, it makes you feel that you are cruel for a few second.. I don't enjoy doing this but I can't depend on my mom or my sister to do the job, so I have to DIY.
I know there is one or two left at the ceiling, will try and catch it for the coming few days. Why wait a few days? This is because I doubt that the rat can smell the trap if you know your partners died in the cage. So besides the cage have to wash it with hot water, I will need to leave it under the sun for 1-2 days. So the smell is gone and the other rat won't able to detect the trap. I can't use poison on rats because I am afraid that they will die on the ceiling creating some sort of smells and the scariest one is larvae dropping from the ceiling later on if the dead rat is not removed on time. My mom experienced this before and some larvaes dropped onto her shoulder through the little holes on the ceiling.
Why do I take pictures? I want to find out is there other breed on the roof top, or are they all the same breed. With the photos, I can find out what are their sizes, so you can know is there any younger or older generation up there. Yeah... you have to study your enemy in order to take them out.
Now I wonder why sometimes my streamyx connection is not clear, I wonder if they bite the wires up there. I am really tired of killing rats every week... damn!

No comments: