Monday, October 27, 2008

Free RPK Candle-light Vigil at PJ


Marina, RPK's wife



Finally I got a chance to check out the Free RPK candle-light vigil on every Sunday night. I always want to go there to show my support to free RPK and other detainees that were held under Internal Security Act (ISA). The ISA has been abused, it was used on those who are against the government, nobody see RPK as a guy that is a threat to national security, I would say more than 95% of the people love him.

RPK or Raja Petra Kamaruddin deserve my respect because people like him don't have to do what he did before. He is rich enough to stay at home to enjoy his retirement being a relative of the royal member. However, he chose to sacrifice himself to speak up for the people of Malaysia, that is how he ended up in Kamunting prison because some politicians want to shut him up.

While we are having a nice dinner, wandering around from point A to point B, noble people like him lost his freedom, having substandard food inside a cell. That makes me really respect him. If this guy is coming out for next year election in any of the cities, I am sure that he will get elected.

I bought a "I-AM-WITH-RPK" T-shirt, RM20 a pcs. I don't like the design but then I have no choice because the color and the design which I preferred were all sold out.

No comments: