Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Stef's Happy painting galleries




Something caught my attention when we were walking at the Bar Street, Siem Reap, so I went in and check it out...It is "Stef's Happy Galleries"

Some background about the painter - "Stef".

"
Stef received no formal artistic training but made a very singular contribution to the avant-garde French Canadian cartoon scene and to the Cambodian Art. (I wonder if I qualify, I also never receive any formal artistic training but I can draw something, my work is not too ugly though :p)

Stef, Stephane Delapree born in Paris in 1956, made paintings which have a highly decorative quality. The childlike innocence and clarity which suffuse his paintings made them popular both to art-world sophisticates in search of an authentic vision and wide range of art lovers.
In a 1995's letter, Norodom Sihanouk, former King of Cambodia, thanked Stef for his contribution to the contemporary Cambodian Art."
The T-Shirt with his art work is selling at 15USD per pcs, you can even buy it at the airport... I wish to get one but man... 15USD for a Tee? I think I will pass and go for a branded one... :p If is around 10USD, I think I would have get one for sure.
IMHO, I think his work is quite nice though, cuz it is very colorful if you put his paintings in your room, that is the reason why I like it..

No comments: