Sunday, September 07, 2008

Ratatouille Episode II

For the past two weeks, we had been troubled by this rat... One day, I notice the apple on the table was being bitten off by 'something'. We thought it is 3.5 y/o baby Xin Yi who bit the apple.... then it happened to the kiwi fruits, bread, clothes, etc...
Just few days ago, the blardy rat even came into my room, once I turn off the lights, I can feel some 'movement' inside my room, the rat doesn't move like Ninja, after I turned off the lights, I can hear something moving around... the rat is trying to smell around the plastic bag which I have left one finished apple inside. That night I ended up sleeping at 2am+ because I worry the rat will come onto my bed in the middle of my sleep. The next morning I can see a lot of rat dropping in my room and the wash room.
Just like the movie, the villian in episode II is usually stronger and more powerful than the previous episode, so does it apply to this rat. This rat is really cunning, fast and smart. Once in a while we saw the rat came out to the living room, so we try to set up the trap but he is smart enough to avoid it.
There are two times where my mom didn't set up the trap right, so it doesn't capture the rat. This morning I gave my mom a "product training" on how to install the cage properly so when the cage closed, the rat won't able to get out of it. Tonight, I said I need to quiz her again by asking her to show me how she install the cage...(yeah, you might think I am "long winded", but then I have no choice after letting the rat go for two times just because my mom didn't set the trap right!). You may ask why I didn't set up the trap myself? Yes, I did, but then when my mom relocate the cage or put in new bait, she set up the trap wrongly and by the time I came home, I notice the cage is closed with the bait bitten off.
I doubt that once the rat realize the cage is a trap, they will release some smell on the cage, so that next time the rat be aware of the trap. So on every failure, I will have to clean the cage with some hot water to ensure the 'smell' is not there. So it is quite troublesome that when you failed to catch it, you have to go back to step 1 - Clean the cage!
At night, I heard my sister yelling that the rat had went behind the TV cupboard. This time, the rat is not so lucky, my brother and my brother-in-law is at home and they are required to armed with broomstick and participate in rat termination mission.
Catching this rat is not a easy task, all doors and windows have to shut it tight, we have to make sure that the rat doesn't go upstairs cuz it will make things more difficult.
We used insect spray and broom to poke around the cupboard until the rat comes out, the rat went from the living room to under the piano, and from piano to the back of praying statue cupboard, back and worth.. the kids and my sis-in-law all evacuate to upstairs and my mom was hiding behind the kitchen supplying all necessary tools to us via a window between dining room and kitchen. It takes us half an hour to get the job done.
Finally my brother-in-law manage to sweep the rat and slow the rat down. Once the rat get a bit dizzy and slow down its' speed, I manage to land my blow on it with my broom and finish him off!
To confirm that the rat is not just 'passed out' only (cuz no blood was seen when the rat was hit by the broom stick). My brother-in-law wrap it with newspaper and put it inside the plastic bag. My brother proposed burning the rat just to confirm the rat doesn't bite off the plastic bag later and come out alive. I think it is too troublesome, so I just drop the brick on the plastic bag 3 times at the garden just to make sure before I dump it into the garbage bin. You can say that this is cruel, but then, I have no mercy on such vermins.
My sister came down from upstairs later, ask me who killed the rat? I just point her my "V" fingers. My mom said that finally she can rest in peace now as there is one time the rat went up to her chest and she thought she is having some kind of dream before she notice that it was a rat on her chest!
I try to take a photo of the dying rat, it is bigger than the one on 'Episode I', but then when I came downstair with my camera, my bro in law already wrap it up. This is the third kill of my life time.

No comments: