Friday, September 19, 2008

Discover Raffelsia

Will continue to upload the pics for KK...
I left the towel in the restaurant, so I have to run back to the restaurant and return the towel to the tour guide. All the team members were gone for the 'Raffelsia discovery'. I paid the native mother and she ask her 5 yrs old (my guess) to take me to the Raffelsia... we walked like 10 minutes to see the flower. Back then, based on what the tour guide said, you will have to hike for 2 hrs to see Raffelsia bloom..
If your backyard or your land got Raffelsia, you can set up a sign board like the below house to collect a fee from the tourist to see the flower. My colleague told me that some huge Raffelsia got guard standing there for 24/7 to prevent someone stealing the flower away. The bigger the flower, the higher the entrance fee that you can ask for.







No comments: