Friday, September 05, 2008

Kota Kinabalu Team Building Trip

Depart early in the morning at 6:50am via Air Asia. This pic is contributed by KY with his new Canon G9 camera. He didn't join us for rafting though.
Goh (staring outside) and Victor (staring his phone)
Lew is testing out the my Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) lens inside the bus.
Photo taken from my colleague's Nikon D40 on dinner at night. By the way, my friend, Lew, his condo was broke in by some thieves yesterday while he and his wife was at work. Really unlucky guy, his car was being stolen last year and now his condo broke in by someone. I wonder if his Canon 400D still there? I will wait for two weeks after he ease his pain, then only I propose if he want to take over my camera for a 'competitive price'. He thought me some basic skill on using my camera, I told him that now I only need 2 more points to level up. :)

This year, our department team building activity has decided to go to KK again! Why KK again? Actually I think the trip that I joined on last year is quite ok, get to buy some fresh fishes from the market and bring it back to KL last time. My Swedish boss loves the softshell crab very much, and so does me.
The trip organizer, Alan, who is also a Project Manager in our department nominated me as one of his "VP"s followed by two other team mates as committee members this time. With the 'power' I got, I kinda 'lobby' others to vote for KK trip, yeah, I am somehow good at doing this kind of lobbying or sedition work. Hahahahha
Based on the poll result, more than 60% voted on KK, so everybody is happy. Got two person voted for Langkawi though, I was like, "Huh?". Why Langkawi???
Anyway, with our budget, it is going to be 3D2N as we only got RM1500 per head to spend, the team building activities are as follow:
1st day - Whitewater River Rafting Trip
2nd day - Poring Hotspring + Jungle Trekking + Fish Buying + Botanical Garden (we miss this one due to not enough time)
3rd day - Free and Easy!
The trip went up very well, I can see a lot of people are very happy for this trip cuz we have been receiving thank you emails to the committee members. I think Allan did a very good job and I told him that I will 'second' him again next year, he said he want to enjoy the trip next year after organizing this second trip. My Swedish boss who is very worry initially about the rafting trip at the beginning enjoy the activities very much, he even commented that this is the best team building trip ever, should have try another round of rafting next year. Too bad nobody have a water proof camera or else I would have posted some pics.
I will try to upload more pics to my blog...

No comments: