Sunday, September 07, 2008

Flag or our father


August 31st is the National Day of Malaysia, our former Prime Minister said that people don't have the mood to celebrate National Day like before due to rising living cost and political uncertainty. On the other hand, an Idiot an Bukit Bendera claimed that the Chinese in Malaysia are "squatters" and they doesn't deserve equal right as the real "Prince of the soil" who stay here even after 51 times of independence day celebration. Well, my father born here, I am the second generation in Malaysia, I am not sure how can I manage to 'tumpang' here for so long.
You can said that I am not 'patriotic' enough, my neighbor on my left (Malay) and my right (indian), they raise a Malaysia flag during National Day. We stay in this house for over 30 years, never a day that we have raise any sort of flag, not even my white color Ralph Lauren's underwear. We don't run business in my family, so I don't see there is a need to 'show off' my patriotism so I can secure some leftover sub sub sub contracts business. I told my friends and family, until the day that I have given equal treatment and treated as a real Malaysian citizen regardless of my race, my religion and my color, then I will raise a flag for sure.
A chinese ex-colleague once ask me if China invaded Malaysia, which side are you in, I will say that I will be 'neutral', I won't bother to fight for the country cuz it simply doesn't worth giving away my life for it and I won't assist you guys as well. Till the day when full equality has achieve and Malaysia has become a country for all Malaysians, no more 'bumi' or 'non-bumi' crap, hand in hand we build the country to a higher level, that will be the day when Malaysia will develop and progress faster than before. Yes, that will be the time that you will see me in the front line and the country will have my 101% loyalty, on that day, I can fight till my last drop of blood to defend my home soil.
At least till now, I ain't seeing that yet, I am not getting any 'projects' from government which will fattened my wallet "thick thick", no point I have to fake my patriotism and act like a hypocrite by raising the flag in National Day. But I do care about my country and the Malaysians staying here though, don't say I don't give a damn at all. My friend told me that last time he got a letter from the city government ordering them to hang a flag in front of their shoplot. This is so called "Forced Patriotism" that we had.

No comments: