Thursday, April 09, 2009

Tsunami on July 22nd?


Today I receive an email from two different friends regarding potential Tsunami hit, the message says:

“Hello there. I just wanted 2 let you know that please stay away from the beaches all around in the month of July. There is a prediction that there will be another tsunami hitting on July 22nd. It is also when there will be sun eclipse. Predicted that it is going 2 be really bad and countries like Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak), Singapore, Maldives, Australia, Mauritius, Si Lanka, India, Indonesia, Philippines are going 2 be badly hit. Please try and stay away from the beaches in July. Better 2 be safe than sorry. Please pass the word around. Please also pray for all beings.” Thanks and have a nice day. Bless you~ "

Frankly speaking, after reading the above email, I am not convinced at all. I think when we read and listen to something, we really need to use our brain to think a bit and analyze it. First of all, if the prediction is so accurate, it wouldn't be called "natural disasters", because it ain't 'natural' at all, the term 'Force Majeur' could have removed from the contracts if this can be predicted like that. If this kind of disaster can be predicted, then there won't be so many deaths in earthquake and insurance could lose some of its' business or even close shop if I can predict when I am going to die. Of course, you can argue that there might be people like me who doesn't believe this kind of tsunami BS, thus contributing the death toll. Sun eclipse happen every few years, I still didn't see any usual thing happening to the world.

Hmm... I am willing to take the bet with anybody who bet on there will be a 'tsunami' on July 22nd.

2 comments:

Alfred said...

开盘开盘!哈哈哈

Kwong said...

My bet is "No Tsunami on July 22nd at the time stated in this article."
Tsunami's definition will be referring to Wikipedia.
RM100 bet? Dare to take? :) Offer expires in 48 hrs after this posting.