Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blood donation


Today I went for my first blood donation in my life. My colleague told me that I will have a good night sleep after donating my blood. The program was organized by TMnet, opposite of Ericsson's building. Spent about an hour there with my colleagues. 4 went there, one taking anti biotic, another female colleague blood pressure is too low, so only me and another colleague are qualify to donate blood. I saw that most of the donors are contributing O positive blood type. So am I.
As you can see there is a small bag of blood next to my wrist. Don't get me wrong, that is only one of the bags that I have donated. The bigger bag is actually underneath the bed which I was not able to capture it with my phone camera. The bag with thick liquid of blood I guess can feed a vampire for one full meal.

After the donation, I received the above reward: a sugar cane packet drink, a peanut butter bun, some biscuits and a cert of appreciation. Well, I drank the packet drink, ate the bun and biscuits before I leave. Errr.... as for the cert, I put it back, try not to waste so many papers. :)
Very sleepy now, I think my colleague is right, I will have a good night sleep for sure. Good night!

No comments: