Sunday, April 12, 2009

Telemarketing again


Don't you hate it when you are trying to hibernate in a one-fine-rainy Sunday and someone try to call you because you are so 'lucky' to win some prizes and voucher?
An unknown Maxis number called me just now, I am sacrificing my basketball game for my nap after working on some company's work. A Malay lady asked me if my name is "CVK"?
T=Telemarketer, VK = Me
She speaks Malay, so I can only answered her with my limited Malay capability, which you can hear it in those wet market, spoken by some ah pek.
(After I confirm that I am that person which she is looking for...)
T: I am xxx calling from xxx company.
T: Mr. Choong, have you every participate in those Bonanza competition in any of the petrol station in Klang Valley?
VK: Errr.. I don't recall (my brain just woke up from 'sleep mode', don't think so, may be yes, may be not, don't think I sign up any of these things..
T: Congratulations to you Mr. Choong, your name has been selected by our company, now you are entitled for 3 prizes, one is xxx, second is xxx, and a RM300 voucher from England optical! She kinda emphazied on the value of the voucher, that is why I have to highlight it in bold face.
VK: Ok.... errr... so what?
T: In order for you to claim the prizes, you will have to come to our office at xxxx.
VK: Ai ya, why so troublesome? You can just mail it to me right?
T: No Mr. Choong, we need to verify your IC, see whether if is you?
VK: Why so troublesome? If you guys have the "heart" to give the prizes to me, you can just mail it to me. Last time Citibank drop the 32 inch TV at my home, I don't even bother to go to Citibank at Jalan Ampang to pick up my TV....
T: "Pak!" (I heard a loud voice in a sudden, the lady hung up on me! I think she is fed up with this ah pek liao. Hahahah)

No comments: