Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rubik's Cube




I was on the LRT today, on my way back to home, I saw this pretty Malay chick sitting one seat opposite of me... She is around 22-24, got very nice and fair skin, nice permed hair which I think a lady need to invest a few hundred RM every month to maintain such condition; a TAG Heuer 2000 series with white dial which I can tell from the bracelet, a LV handbag and a bigger branded bag on the floor...


But then, a young chap next to me caught my attention... he was twisting and turning a Rubik's cube in front of the pretty Malay girl. I remember when I was a little kid, may be around 6-7 yrs old, my relative's house got such a toy. Blardy hell, it takes me quite a long time to make one set of color, and my brother, who is 2 yrs older than me, manage to make two sets of colors. I tell you what, this young chap manage to make all the colors!


Well, you might say that is nothing to shout about, and is not that difficult right? Okay, after he made the six colors, he twist and turn again by shuffling the color. I can tell he want to redo the six colors again, this time, I secretly time how fast he can to the trick, I looked at my watch, it is 5:07pm when he start to twist and turn the Rubik's cube, guess what? He finished the 6 colors at 5:09pm!! I felt like I wanna turn my head to him and say, "Hey dude, you are really good!". If he can finish this in 2 minutes when the Rubik's cube just releases back in 1974, I think he will be called "genius"! Well, so far I haven't done more than 2 colors yet when I was a little kid, may be I should try one now, see if I can find of the trick on how to make 6 colors.




5 comments:

炭精的世界 said...

yooo kwong, to be frank, a little bit of training, you can do it within 5 min too. Go to the Internet, there are method that help you finish the 4 color. Last year, I bought a professional cube, and started my training according to the web, after 1 month, 5 min is not a problem :) U should try it too! Not very difficult~

And be frank, if you do it at the pub,.. hmm... maybe u might got some little luck... hehehe

Kwong said...

哎呀,这样子就没有挑战性了。要靠自己悟出怎么转这Rubik Cube的方法才有成就感嘛。能够在两分钟完成六种颜色还真不容易呀。真佩服那小子。

炭精的世界 said...

it is still very challenging, as the instruction only give u hints, the rest u have to figure out. For example, you need to make sure 2 color are at the corner, and then you have to think your own way how to twist the color that you want to the middle. Once 3 color are together, you turn according to a specific direction.

Even though the formula is there, yet, still take some time to finish it. The trick is to do it top to bottom where bottom is the hardest.

Harith said...

hi, if you want to learn how to solve the rubiks cube, join this forum, www.malaysiancube.com/forum. promote this forum among your friends...

Kwong said...

Thanks for the pointer, Harith. :)