Friday, July 11, 2008

Grandma on the loose

While I was about to reach my home, I saw there is a girl on the left side along the road, around 15 years old with school uniform, seems like hugging an old lady which is around 80 something years old trying to pull her over from the drain with all her might.

When I drove passed them I saw the girl is like very mad and want to hit the old lady with my rear view mirror. After drving for about 100 meter, I decided to u-turn my car to check out what is going on. I stopped my car somewhere near to the scene, hopefully I can get an answer out of it.


An Indian motorcyclist already stopped over there, I approach the motocyclist and ask the him what is going on? The girl with school uniform already went back to the house, I think her mother came out later on, the old lady was sitting next to the drain. The indian guy told me that the old lady trying to walk across the busy road and her family tried to stop her. She refused to go back even though her family members try to pull her back. So I ask the motorcyclist do you think they need help, or perhaps you and me can carry the old lady back?

At that moment, the mother of the school girl felt a little bit embarassed and luckily the old lady manage to stand up by herself and willing to follow her daughter-in-law back to her house by walking slowly. After I saw that, I turn away my back and started to walk back to my car. On my way home, I think that sometimes you will see a lot of these kind of kind-hearted people in Malaysia, just like the Indian chap, at least, he will stopped and find out what is going on, and be ready to lend any helping hands if needed, same thing happened when there is a car accident going on with people injured. Some people might think that he is just 'busy body' but I don't think so. There are a lot of bad guys in this world but luckily, the good one is always more than the bad ones. I think I remember I saw this phrase in the forum, correct me if I am wrong, it says something like "Evil will prevail when the good guys chose not to do anything about it."

Also, when I look at the lady, I also fear that one day I might be like her. Probably I just loose my mind and loose my reasoning skill one day when I get old, thus, I don't think I want to live that long seriously, may be around 70 y/o is good enough, just let me leave the world peacefully.

No comments: