Saturday, November 25, 2006

The office in Islamabad

There are only a few tall buildings in Islamabad, our company rented three floors in a tall building called Saudi Pak Tower, I am not going to use the word , "skycraper" because it ain't that tall.
The UN South Asia HQ was located at the same building too, you can see guards and white color UN vehicles in the neighborhood and office.
A Chinese staff told me that this is the worst office environment, I thought he is comparing with Shen Zhen office, so I tested him. I asked whether is his first time you go oversea. He said, No, he been to several other offices in different country and none of it was as bad as this one.
Ok, let me tell you why it is so bad, the first impression that you walk into the office, you feel that the ceiling was too low and it is over crowded, you feel that you have limited space and that makes you doesn't feel good about it. Secondly, it was dirty and old, design was very outdated, I start to cough for the few days and so does my colleague, she said she feel like she is inhaling dust and always feel very dry in the office. I am sure the filter of the A/C is seriously clogged and the floor really needs some mopping.. today I really feel like taking all of the filter out and clean it for god sake.

No comments: