Saturday, November 25, 2006

Guest House in Pakistan

We arrived at our hotel about 9:30pm at night, the guest house we moved in was quite lousy, I would say, a Chinese colleague told me that he stayed there for two nights and moved out right away. I let my colleague pick the room that she likes, then I choose the remaining choices. The one on basement smells and the one on the top floor seems to me is a better choice.

I don't really like it but I have no choice, the bathroom on the top floor is not located in my room, I have to crossed the hallway to the bathroom. It was quite cold at the top floor due to the window was opened, I didn't take a shower that day because it is a bit late and too cold for me. The hot water is not hot enough in that house. Some of the paint from the ceiling is falling off, the flakes dropped on top of the bed and I have to abandon the other bed and changed to another bed so I won't inhale those chemical, the furniture inside the room is quite old... I woke up around 5am that day due to I am freezing out and start to feel hungry.

One thing that both me and my colleague like about the guest house is the manager of the guest house is quite friendly, however, the place is really beat up and we don't plan to stay there for the entire business trip, we moved out after four nights staying there...

Things that I like about the guest house:
1. Friendly Guest House Manager
2. Bigger TV with channels like HBO, Fox, CNN, Discovery, Nat Geo, etc..
3. Close to food court

Things I hate
1. Looks Old
2. Water Heater not good enough, water temparature is not consistent, sometimes you only get warm water.
3. My colleague saw a cockroach in the restroom when she take a shower. (Hope is not a big one)
4. Paint falling off from the ceiling
5. Too cold (I requested a gas heater the other day)
6. Toilet that looks old and you are not sure when the toilet is going to clog.
7. NO INTERNET CONNECTION!

Now I had moved to a new guest house.
Things I like:
1. Better room (after comparing another 2 guest house)and newer toilet
2. Internet connection ready
3. Bigger Room
4. Adequate TV channels with Chinese Channel if you want.
5. Close to supermarket, may be I should use the word, "Store".

Things I hate:
1. 13 inch TV (R u kidding me? Or they want to test my eye sight?)
2. Not so close to food source.

1 comment:

Boutique hotel Islamabad said...

nice post thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us. Its really nice to read your blog.