Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fast food

11/18/06
It happened in Karachi, Pakistan airport when me and my colleague wait for our plane for transit to Islamabad...
I felt a bit hungry and I am not sure whether I can find any food source once I arrive Islamabad, so I decided to order some fast food to eat before boarding the plane, local time is 6 something PM. I am glad I saw the big "M", once me and my colleague secure a seat, I go and place my order for a McDonald Meal.
I walked to the small McDonald Counter...

Me: Good Evening, Can I order the McNugget Meal?
(For your info, the Mc Nugget meal at the airport consider an expensive in Pakistan standard, it cost 210RS which is about RM13-14, if you have a meal in regular local restaurant, a plate of rice, a drumstick and two beef+potato cake only cost RS80-90.)

Attendant: Yes, no problem. Can you wait sir?

Me: Huhh??? (I am sure that I am ordering "fast food", am I?) ....... Wait for how long?

Attendant: Twenty minutes.

Me: Twenty minutes? Errr... Ok.. I will wait..

I paid that guy and look at my watch and prepare to wait...

After 15 minutes, I received my Mc Nuggets, one of the worst MCD meal that I had... The fries and nuggets didn't taste as good as it suppose to be, but somehow I tried my best to finish everything and wait for the plane...

No comments: