Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Product Review: Panasonic Inverter Air-Con 1.5HP Review

Well guys, you know I am quite a 'environmental friendly' person, so when Panasonic came out with their Inverter product which they claimed it can cut down 50% of energy consumption, even though it was 20%-25% more expensive than the regular air-con, still I go ahead and give it a try. I think it is a good investment in long run even the installation and maintenance cost slightly higher. I actually bought 1 unit for my room and then another unit for my mother's room a year later.

Ok, after 18 months, the problem start to occur on the air-con inside my room. The air-con blower blow for 2-5 minutes, then it suddenly stops! With the red light blinking on 'Timer'. Ok, please don't insult my intelligence thinking that I don't know how to play with the remote and what is the use of 'Timer' on the remote. What I do it, I will totally switched off the power and give the air-con a reboot. If I am lucky, it is okay after not more than 5 times trial.

I complained to Panasonic dealer that this air-con definitely have some problem, instead of sending real technician, they sent in someone to wash and clean my aircon. I have serviced my air-con 2-3 times since I bought it. Ok, recently, it happen to my mother's room aircon (about 2 yrs old), the aircon is not cold at all, now she had to moved into another room then only she could sleep, a air-con that doesn't release cold air is like a junk already. Seriously, I don't think it is out of gas so fast. Another room was using 18 months old York air-con, it was never serviced but it still runs great and quite cooling.

Then today when I talked about this in front of my colleague, another colleague complained the same that his Panasonic Inverter air-con; after 2 yrs, the air-con suddenly lost its' 'cool', the technician told him the circuit board got problem and it cost him RM600-700 to fix it! I told my friend might as well he buy a new unit. At least you save one round of maintenance and you get full tank of gas with brand new hose. Another colleague then started to complain about his Panasonic fridge that is not very cold. I think something is wrong with Panasonic's quality!

Don't say I didn't warn you if you want to buy a Panasonic Inverter Air Con! I think I will try out the Daikin Inverter if I want to save energy, really lost my confidence on them! I think I have to write a complain email to Panasonic Malaysia!

Note: The above picture is not the actual model, the one I go it white color with green lining.

31 comments:

pooi tyng said...

Just Do it!!

Anonymous said...

I have 2 energy-saving Daikin units (in 2 rooms) and both do a poor job of cooling the rooms. I will go for another brand in the future.

Unknown said...

Your Article looks like it's very good i truly assemble wide range of info in the Article. Cheers for expressing this specific awesome Articleaircon

shane watson said...

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it ac repair services

Aesha Liza said...

This article really very useful , bt is thts this brand very famous ?
@@?? and d currently i also looking for an aircon for my room since now days the weather is boiling hot i cnt sleep in fan at all... is there any suggestion peepz??

milo said...

agree if u want give a try on daikin inverter..using it bout 2years already,till now i nver face this kind of problem.. mybe i choose the good brand..huhu

neven said...

before this i heard about the daikin inveter also, bt thn if there any spare parts prblm in future means cn gt it easily ??

Umi A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gigelpigel said...

ohh , whats so special in the inverter aircon ?? normal aircon wont give u good cooling ?

Yumh said...

Inverter helps to save more energy. Hence, it's suitable for long usage. As it helps to reduce the electric consumption. My house using Daikin inverter. So far so good, helps to reduce the monthly electric consumption but cooling still working fine.

Yumh said...

Aesha Liza
Any feature that you looking?
If you are looking the air-cond that chill enuf.
Can look for daikin as they are good in cooling.
Even their advertisement also entitle them as the cooling king.
Suggest to get 1hp, unless your room is big then can consider 1.5hp

illsuppyou said...

will not have to change to another as Daikin provides 12 years of warranty for their consumer as long as you dont forget to register it online aha

Unknown said...

inverter aircon sure very expensive ler ....
aiyaa buy the normal aircon is aso ok de as long as its gives you a comfortable feels ...

Unknown said...

@illsuppyou
ah are sure or not its 12 year warranty ? becos just few days before i called to the CS they said only 1 year ohh ...

Inthzzz said...

i think you can buy 2 fan n keep in room , bcz buying an aircon i feel tht waste ...need to do service lar somemore the electrical bil will high also ...
after tht every mnth expenses run off...everything mess up ler ..so fan is better ...^^

illsuppyou said...

ops my bad... its 1 year according to Daikin Malaysia
wrong info haha

Unknown said...

just moved to my new house last month and pasang daikin aircond in everyrooms..my snore is louder than the aircond sound according to my wife..malaysia too hot fan tak boleh pakai la..summore my friend told me they will fix ur aircond within 8 hours if gt problem..thats why iget the premium model instead.price also lebih kurang frm stndrd model..

Umi A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wan Mohamed said...

@christopher prodigy last time they done everything in 3hours for me..
urs maybe longer la coz gt 1 in every room.. hehe.. i gt 1 daikin only..

Meijing said...

Current global warming issue is kinda serious. I highly encourage to take fan instead of purchasing air conditioner. Plus the price of an air conditioner is not cheap though. Better take fan. I'm serious.

Fariza said...

Where do you get this inform?
Maybe different series of product having different duration of warranty...
We should ask properly before make purchase
Honestly, daikin product are quite durable..as my dad used it for a while.

Aesha Liza said...

@ Yumh
no, i don't look for any specific aircon but that's great when you informed the inverter aircon comes with saving energy, cn save the monthly elect bill means that's enough for me i think for the 1st time use aircon ahhahaha ... I will be checking out in the nearest elec shop about it more details ..by the way thanks for giving me a good info ...

Aesha Liza said...

Thanks everyone for sharing the aircon information here, and of course I know the aircon price is not cheap but nowadays I really feel need it to have a comfortable sleep...i feel fan not enough give the feel of comfortable sleep that's y , and yeah the daikin brand seems like very attractive too, good in cooling and can save energy not bad ...I will be checking out n soon get one ...
thanks guys for the sharing good informs.

Umi A. said...

@neven no need to worry about the spare part, if your air cond is still under daikin official warranty, they will get you a new one with foc. Let say, if your air cond warranty is ady expired. You can still get it from other daikin dealer.

Mary said...

Thanks for your sharing, I will learn about this product.
click to read more

David Roy said...

A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to talk about this, I feel firmly about it and adoration adapting more on this point. On the off chance that conceivable, as you pick up skill, would you psyche upgrading your online journal with more data? It is to a great degree supportive for me. air duct cleaning services ludowici

William white said...

I like this concept. It's very doable. I like it also because it is sane.
top window ac price in uae 2019

Unknown said...

Hi, I read your article your blog is amazing and helpful. Your content is easy and understandable
visit our site
Thanks for sharing

ConnectHRMS said...

Love all that you shared You describe all the things in detail. Your content is easy and
visit our site
Thanks for sharing

Vijay Munnangi said...

Panasonix reseller

Bilal said...

It is one of the best brands and always offer quality products. inverter ac on installments