Monday, March 29, 2010

Nightmare at Fairy Park


This is the most horrible traffic jam that I ever experienced for the entire year. Yesterday we went for 'tomb sweeping' at Fairy Park located at Klang, caught in a jam that I find it unbelievable. Imagine my car was stucked there for 3 hours, still, we haven't arrive at the cemetery. It take us another 15 minutes to walk to the entrance carrying with all the stuff like fruits, paper chest, rice and jot sticks.
Those stalls that sell water were in very good business, if you want to go to toilet, good luck to you as the car doesn't move. Supposingly the distance is only 2km, but we stucked there for 3 hrs, totally unbelieavable. Everybody got real mad during the jam and some buggers who get impatient drive to the other lane and it make the jam even worse because the car from opposite direction cannot leave. There are quite a few people actually U-Turn and head home. We finished all our water supply inside the car. A handful of cars broke down and ran out of petrol during the wait. Luckily I have my tank topped up in full the night before. There goes with all my pricier RON97 fuel. ^#&@*&%#!

After finishing all the praying, it is around 5pm something. Look at all the burnt ashes. Some people are really crazy, they brought paper made treasure chests, 'gold papers', "LW" handbags, "Massage chair" and stuff for burning.
I told my mom just buy something like a 'starter kit' will do, don't buy too many stuff because burning these things will only create pollution to the air. I told my mom and my friend that if I ever die, just burn me a starter kit because I will need some 'capital' to start a new life down there, after that, don't have to burn anything. It is just waste of money and it pollutes the air. I almost want to wear gas mask when I enter the 'Taoist God's Reception Area', because the air is full of the smoke coming out from all the jot sticks...

No comments: