Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Detained-At-Immigration Scam


Last night I was reading Kenny's blog about his friend being cheated, check this out, you might want to read it if you rarely read newspaper.
http://www.kennysia.com/archives/2010/03/the-detained-at.php

To be honest, I don't feel pity at all towards her friend. This is because she deserves that for being so damn stupid! RM2k is just a Get-Smarter-Course for her, or else she could have lost even more. Sometimes it is not about trusting a person, but then you need to think with your brain instead of your butt. First of all, Kenny's friend from UK claimed that he brought too much money to Malaysia without making any declaration, so the custom detained him and he need Rm7k to hire a lawyer. Aren't she suppose to ask why the hell he bring so much money to Malaysia? Is he doing some fishy business here? Drug trafficking? Money laundering? Even for Investment Opportunities, do you actually just pay cash like that? Also, for a person who knows how to invest in oversea, I am sure he/she got the common sense that you don't bring large amount of cash to other country. Apparently, one of the local politicians once told the Australia custom that he don't know about this law and also pretend that he don't know English at all when he was detained at the airport with lots of cash.
I don't know la, but I won't be that stupid to withdraw 2K out from my account to help out a detained at immigration hot Russian chick that I knew from Internet for 6 months. Be it RM200 or even RM20!

I have once read a news that says Malaysians can be conned easily, RM80 million lost EVERY YEAR to all kinds of con jobs, you even see businessman paid more than hundred thousand for some magic stones or crystal. No doubt some are really skillful that after you shipped the goods to them, your so called 'Customer' just disappear, I won't blame them for being stupid on this one as sometimes business is about trust. But for this kind of scam? I think the victims are just too plain stupid and naive. Probably the dumb chick thought she get to know some hot guy that looks like a member from West Life. That is the reason why I always advised my friend to read newspaper if they could, even though you don't have time to read a book, please don't tell me 'No time' kind of bull crap, I believe you can find some time for sure. Of course I am not referring to entertainment or sport section on the newspaper, even Internet news sometimes don't feed you these kind of information about daily life, you don't find it in your text book. Books give you knowledge, but newspaper sometimes makes you a smarter person, because you get to learn the dirty tricks from the crooks. If you ain't smart, then you need to be knowledgeable at least by starting to read some papers. If you neither have both, and worst still, you are GREEDY! Then I wish you good luck, hope you are not targetted by other crooks.
One thing I need to point out, whatever we read from newspaper, we still have to use our brain and think, especially we are living in a country with controlled media. Don't just eat whatever people feed to you.

No comments: