Friday, February 12, 2010

The Game Room in Office


There is one meeting room in my office wing was being decorated with colorful curtains. One day, I saw a crew of workers carrying a 50 inch flat screen TV into the room, I thought they want to upgrade the TV in the room. Later on, I found out that company is actually planning to convert one of the meeting rooms into a 'Game Room'.

Now the big screen TV is in place, the next thing the admin dpt is going to do is to put up some PS3 or Wii gaming console. The purpose of this room is to 'de-stress' yourself if you need a break, I heard they even thought of putting up a Karaoke system (I think impossible because the sound proofing is not good enough). Wah! Not bad huh? But if you ask me, I prefer a massage room so I can take a nap sometimes while some masseur can massage my back just like Google office. A half an hour session will be good, I am not greedy. I am sure the employee will be more productive if they can get half an hour break inside the massage room, preferably with some aroma therapy to relax our mind.

Ok, back to the game room, my friend has challenged me back when I told her this. She asked me do you dare to go there and spend 30-60 min playing games in the room during office hours? Hahahah, to be honest, I don't feel easy if I go there, probably when it comes to retrenchment, probably HR will start to see who spend most of the time inside the game room during office hour. Hahahha, since you are so 'stress' everyday, or perhaps so 'FREE', then why the company need you? So I think it is safer if you stay put in your cubicle and pretend busy. Hahhaha

No comments: