Thursday, June 25, 2009

My first rehab service

I went for my first rehab service today, (I have a hard time pronouncing the word 'Rehabilitative', so I just call it 'Rehab')... some people call it 'physical therapy'. Let me share with you how was it like....

Basically, the moment you step into the re-ha-bi-li-ta-tive service center, to me, is like a mini 'Fitness First', there are some gym equipment there. I ask the nurse there how much they are charging? She told me first time hundred something, second time and so forth is seventy something. In short, 'NOT CHEAP!'. Well, the doctor gave me the slip which also include some other things like infra sound therapy.

Here is what I did in a rehab center, first of all, a nurse or may be a young Malay lady doctor, around her late twenties, show me how to do some exercise to improve my back muscles, there are several ways to do it for instance having your knee stick to your chest, also, she thought me how to do a proper doggie style to regain my pelvic strength... seriously, I never thought some act of making love can 'rehabilitatize' me. Hmmm.... interesting...

Then, after the physical training part... I lie down on bed again, another nurse perform some infra sound treatment on the affected area. The last one is stick some wires on my back and use some electronic device to vibrate my back... it is quite comfortable till I fell asleep and started to snore lightly.

The whole session I think it takes 45 minutes, shorter than the time I spent on waiting. Will have to go there again tomorrow...

After finish this blog, I will have to start working on the exercises that I have learned. Of course, the doggie style part I have to do it alone... hahahha, just kidding la!

No comments: