Saturday, June 06, 2009

Handling upgrade

I used to slam those 'ah bengs'/'ricers' that modify their cars till it makes it look so silly. Now I think I am becoming half of them. Well, I didn't do much cosmetic change though besides changing it to a set of lighter rims. Here is what I did to improve the handling and a little on performance.Trade in my original set of rims for RM250, replace it with Taiwanese SSW wheels for RM1080. With the lighter wheels, I manage to cut down about 3-4kg per wheel.
Upgrade from a stock 12" anti roll bar to a Ultra Racing 16" anti roll bar, that really help minimize the body roll coming from the rear. The bar cost RM298 without installation, could have got it in another shop for cheaper price (RM260).


Before going to work on yesterday, I have the shop install the front strut bar for RM150. I figure out it can provide some sort of impact resistence, and further improve the handling. so it is worth 'investing'. Note that both bar linked to the top of the front absorbers. The boss in the shop was telling me this, "Last time I thought only those "La La boy" will install such a thing to their car, but then, the supplier offer me a low price to put it on my Toyota Wish, so I tried it out, I notice it really feel difference to my car when I drive it! So after that, I also start selling these kind of bars."
Well, after installing these kind of stuff on it, I really feel like I am driving a different car, hehehehee, the wheel seems to spin faster due to lighter rims, and the cornering ability improve which makes the car more sticky to the road. I feel that there is still some room for improvement. :)

3 comments:

Alfred said...

Even heard of Pulse Activator which improve the ignition on your engine and save fuel cost by 10 - 30% plus ? Beijing office just secured the IP and start OEM it, wanna buy ? kekkekekeke.... installation is damn easy, just put on top of your car battery and hook it up to the battery.... kkekeke

Kwong said...

I will be glad to be the 'test object', if is proven positive, I will write good and honest testimonial. :)

Blogger said...

By using RentalCars you can find cheap rental cars from over 49,000 locations globally.