Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Harlem Basketball

Went to this poorly organized event from Telekom Malaysia (TM), not much advertisement on the local media and I am not aware about this event at all. My friend sponsored me the tickets, to be frank, when he asked me if I am interested to go for the event, I thought it the 'Harlem' from Taiwan. Later on he explain to me that it is some basketball show played by those retired NBA players. With not much enthusiasm, I went with him and other friends.

He booked the ticket online though which is suppose to be more convenience than you buy tickets on the spot. But the thing is, we have to line up for 45 minutes to get the tickets printed out where those who buy on the spot can enjoy further discount and can walk into the stadium immediately.

You can expect how slow is our streamyx service if you see how TM run the event. It is very inefficient!! They can survive because in telco industry because it is a almost-monopoly business to them, especially on fixed line business. Besides the ticketing management, the whole event is poorly organized too. I can't catch what the basketball players said at all due to the poor sound systems in the court. I think the players thought that Malaysians can't understand English. Well, the black english is already hard to understand, when they throw in those inferior speakers, it make things even worse! If you ask me if I want to go again? I think even if the ticket is Rm10, I would have to reconsider, a disappointing show!























2 comments:

DNAXTION said...

OMG !! this is the famous Harlem !! they on world tour more than thousand times. guess that this malaysia stop will be a disappointing one for them.

look at the stadium and so many empty seats. no wonder ppl got discount for the walk in.

sigh!

Kwong said...

Yup. There is not much marketing effort done for this event. The speakers which they have rented are really inferior. I guess a lot of tickets are given to Telekom staff for free.