Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shelltox outdoor


From time to time, I have to perform a 'massive wipe out' for the cockroaches behind my house so that they are not over crowded to the extent they will start 'intruding' my house, which I hate it and also very afraid of it!

I bought this Shelltox outdoor spray that meant to be used in outdoor of course. Last night, I try to spray on some roaches who are roaming around the drain area, there are some cracks in the cement which they use it as their base.

With a few second of spraying onto the cockroaches, you still can see t
hem wander around actively compare to those normal Baygon cockroach spray, which tends to kill a cockroach much faster. It is scary that I have to spray and run back into my house, as I am relying on torch light to locate them and I am very afraid they will crawl over my feet.

Well, here is what happen on the next day morning when I try to go out to the back of my house to find out how's the casualties:

Seriously, I have no idea how they end up dying together in this pot. There a total of 16 dead or almost dead cockroaches inside the pot. By looking at their abdomens, you can see these cockroaches are pretty well fed. My neighbor pour the leftover food to the drain and it really makes the situation worst! And of course you can also find a few dead cockroaches here and there.

It seems that this Shelltox outdoor thing did its' job well! Again, I try to spray it on the cement cracks and drain under the daylight this time, I can see the cockroaches were being forced out from their hole one by one, from baby to adults. After an hour, you find cockroaches dying here and there. Another interesting scene happen is, birds flew in from no where, trying to take the running cockroaches back to their nests, you can hear bird chirping loudly, like signaling other birds that there are a lot of insects to catch.

I made a rough calculation of the dead cockroaches... I think it is more than 50. After tonight, I think there will be slightly less cockroaches. How I wish they can be used to feed my arowana as daily meal, just that I don't dare to stay close to them.

No comments: