Friday, January 20, 2012

The Renault RS250 Cup experience

Today a company partner asked me and my colleague (CW) out for lunch. Later on another 2 colleagues (AC and HW) tagged along, we have a total of 4 people. We waited at the company lobby, then I saw a Megane RS250 cup sport car at the front. It really stand out from other cars, so my guess is that is the vendor's (Kim) car.

My colleague, CW notice our vendor already changed his car as he knew him previously, me and other two colleagues (AC and HW) was pondering whether we should drive another car since the two door sport car will be very crowded inside. But then we saw CW waving on us, asked us to come. So we just go to the car.

HW is the only lady, so we asked her to sit in front, all of us 'squeeze into' the car. One thing that really surprises me and AC is, the car is quite ok at the back! The headroom is great, leg room is quite good for a 2 door sport car like this. We didn't expect that it was very ok sitting at the back. No shoulder to shoulder kind of crowded feel sitting in such a sport car or sport coupe whatever you named it. The ease of getting in and out of the car is quite good too!

After all we settled down, Kim took us for a thrill ride. The 2.0 turbocharged engine is capable to punch out 250 horse power and a 340nm of torque. If you ask me, I would say the numbers are very impressive. When Kim try to pull his car out to the highway, I can feel the strong 'umph', and the aggressive roar from the engine when it is revving high at 6k RPM. It just took him a few seconds to move the car to 130-140km/h. The overall feeling of the car is very stable and there is a very minimum body roll at the back.

If you ask me what is the downside of this car? I would say the Michelin Premacy HP is a bit noisy and the suspension is slightly hard, but hey, that is what a performance car suppose to be right? :) Another thing is you don't expect quiet and comfy ride in such a car, the roar from the engine and tyre noise give you all the thrill you need in a sport car.

The car came with "Nurburgring validated" Brembo brakes and "Recaro seats". Too bad the seat was reserved for HW so I didn't get to try out how was it like.

I asked Kim how's the maintenance of the car? He told me Renault was giving away 3 yrs free maintenance, so he can't tell how much it is. Seriously, the car is NOT only a looker, but the power can easily beat a similarly priced VW Scirocco GT. I will pick this Renault over a VW even though I am never a Renault fan. The car really give us a very great experience even me and AC were talking about it after we are back to office and EVEN leaving the office, he said even the VW GTI didn't gave him such a strong impression (well, could be the driver factor too).

Thumbs up to RS250 Cup! You are indeed my CUP of tea. Hahahaha

1 comment:

Michale said...

great blog, and great post. that is one very cool looking cars, i cant wait to see one in person.Renault