Monday, August 03, 2009

Anti ISA protest

I would like to thank those who participated in yesterday's protest. Thank you for voicing up my voice on behalf of me as I didn't make it to the protest. You are brave and had did something good for a better Malaysia. This morning, my mom ask me why are these people protesting? Well, I took a minute or two explaining what is 'ISA' - Internal Security Act to my mom. In short, the government can simply detain you by sending you to the jail if they said you are a threat to 'National Security'. You are not a lot to defend yourself or get your own lawyer. It sounds 'Okay' right? But what if it happen to you or your family and friends around you? If such law is used against terrorist then it is still can be accepted, but not for normal peasants like you and me, or your political opponents, this is simply a violation of human rights! However, ISA was used against the opposition force who criticize the government. When this happen, such law was distorted and abused.

So I also told my mom, you and me might go to jail if we say something bad to the government, if they really want to come down on you and shut you up.
Oh... ya... there are a bunch of pro government UMNO jokers that supported the ISA on the same day. Everyone should be free to voice out their opinion peacefully. I wonder if they got paid like RM50-200 to show face. Look how silly they look! Hahahah

No comments: