Sunday, July 05, 2009

A kind warning

I think someone's rims might be stolen by some thieve(s), till the owner sprayed such a message near Taman Paramount station to warn others. I am quite worry after I parked my car there, image if the blardy thief steal one rim out of my car, I figure out my damage will be around RM600 per piece even I am not using any expensive rims. Not to mention the troublesome that I have to go through. I love to park in this area because I hate paying parking fees, imagine they charge you RM3 on open parking even on Sunday! May be I get used to the days in USA where most of the parkings are free except you park at downtown area such as San Francisco. But now, I think I might have to pay RM3 in exchange for a peace of mind till I put on a anti-theft wheel nut.

Stock springs
with Eibach Springs
During weekend, I bought a full set of used Eibach progressive springs and put it in my car. The owner paid more than Rm800 for it. Now I paid him RM280 to buy his 2 yrs old spring with Rm100 installation at the workshop. I am curious why the coil springs can be so expensive despite it is from Germany.

Well, after installing the springs, I would say the handling and cornering ability slightly improved, you can feel the car is more stick to the road. The sound of going over road bumps at the front has been totally eliminated. The best part is, the springs really makes the car looks sportier. It is not too low but just nice. Check out the photo. :)
Oh ya, I also pay Rm50 for the wheel lock.

You know the warning sign from the top that says, "Check your rims and tyres?" The owner doesn't mean you should check if your rims are still there, because it is so obvious, once the rims are stolen, you will see your car sitting on the bricks, so you don't need to check at all. What the message means is, do check the lug nuts, make sure it is tightly locked, this is because when the thief wanted to steal your rims, he might unscrew 1 or 2 nuts, and when he came to your wheel lock which has different opening that requires different tools to open it, then they might let go your car because it is too troublesome to steal your rims. When this happened, the nuts that already loosen for one the thief has done, you can't expect them to screw it back for you. So it is better you check if the nuts are tightly locked before you speed on highway. I really appreciate this victim for putting up such a warning sign.



I was telling myself, if someone did stole my rims, then he better be careful, because I will park my car there again, but this time, I am setting up an ambush for him. Will bring along extra friends with iron pipes or machetes, just in case. I will whack him from the back while he is busy unscrewing the wheel nuts!

No comments: