Saturday, May 30, 2009

Port Klang Free Zone scandal

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/malaysia/27964-dap-wants-pkfz-to-close-shop
I didn't follow the news thoroughly, but then, from what I read, it is very clear that something fishy going on when there is a conflict of interest in the land purchasing deal. Now the case has been handed over to the anti corruption unit of Malaysia, MACC, which the authority are thick face enough to claimed that they are better than ICAC from Hong Kong.
There is a report filed on 2004 but there is no action taken, a lot of people like me suspect that some top guns are involved in this scandal. So let me take a guess on what kind of standard answer that I can expect to receive from MACC:

1. "The case is closed with "NFA" status. After many years of investigation when everybody started to forget about the case." (NFA = No Further Action);
2. "There is not enough evidence for any prosecution", therefore, back to item 1. Instead of go and dig for evidence, they just sit there and wait for evidence to submerge, or, who knows, evidence destroyed. The few billion scandal can easily buy off the officers that draws 3-4k per month during the 'investigation';
3. NFA again! "Everything was done 'according to procedure'..."

So at the end of the day, nobody is charged, everybody is happy, the one with evidence, or the scape goats, will be given 'warning'. Damn.... if I you pay me 30 million and you scold me and give me some verbal warning, suspend my membership in some joker political party for 'n' years, I don't mind to be showered with 'warnings' if that is the case.

No comments: