Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jusco Sales


I heard from my colleague that there was a J Card member sales on Thursday. I was wondering how big is the sales, I have heard stories like my relatives from Klang that actually drive from Klang to 1U at 7am just to beat the crowd.
So on Thursday after work, I went to the nearest Jusco at Equine Park, trying to check out if there is any good deal in the store. But then, I don't see the expected crowd there, it shows that the sales suppose to start on Friday. I ask the sales assistant is there a J card sales today? She told me that I should go to the 1 Utama branch, there is where they have the J card sales. After hearing this, I immediately went to the parking lot and get my car, because there is no point I stay there for another minute.
After dinner, I drove to Jusco at 1U, it takes me one hour to go there and park my car. It was nine something already, the mall is full of people, like the stores are giving away free merchandises. The air is warm in the mall, I don't think it is a good place for you to bring your baby. I can tell you, I never seen so many ppl even it is Chinese New Year or Hari Raya. Everywhere I see is long queue. Some shops near the Jusco shopping mall also take the chances and give huge discount that is up to 70-80%. From housewares to car accessories, from clothes to electronics. Hey, after I ask around, I found out that every Rm100 you spent, they give you another Rm10 cash voucher after you show them your receipt at certain counter. Can you imagine the crowd when there is so much good deal going on? Now I believe why some people actually take a day off just to go for shopping, if you ask me now, I can tell you that I will consider taking a day off!
My friend told me that a average Jusco mall make a sales of RM500k everyday. But today, I think the sales is 10 fold more than a usual day. A young couple in front of me took out a platinum card and swipe for their clothes, guess how much is the bill. RM1845.90!! On the other side, I saw one auntie paying for her three new hair dryers. I guess she plan to put each of her bathroom with one hair dryer. Totally crazy man!!
Well, due to the limited time that I have, as the store open at 8am and close at 11pm. I can only grab whatever I could. Got a Diadora slipper for half price which I pick it up when I am on the way looking for the water dispenser, it is around RM18, a Lock and Lock Tupperware with 20% discount, a Zebra stainless steel water dispenser with 20% discount, two Pierre Cardin 100% cotton shirt with 70% discount, one pants with 30% discount, a 600ml Sigg bottle with 30% discount, total damage is RM500+. I think if I have another hour there, for sure I will spend over RM1k... I told my mom, for the next 'J card' sales, I think I will seriously think of taking a day off. On the day of Jusco sales, it seems that everyone is a 'J Member'. You also feel like the news about recession is a lie, people spend like no tomorrow, you see hope on economy recovery. :)
The only thing that I regret a bit is the Swiss made SIGG bottle, the 600ml bottle selling at RM67 after discount from RM99, the 1 litre bottle without discount is selling at RM99 - Rm109 too. So I think if I pay RM32 more, I get a 1 litre bottle without discount that comes with a better design and larger storage, what is the point of paying RM67 for a 600ml bottle? I learnt this from a book, "The Millionaire Next Door", where some of the rich fellas in US buy their cars based on the weight of the car. You use the total value of the car and divide by its' weight to find out how much you are actually paying for every pound of steel. :)

No comments: