Thursday, August 21, 2008

Marabou Candies


My boss came back from Sweden few days ago after his 5-weeks vacation, on the first day of his work, he brought a plastic bag to the office which is full of candies. Like a Santa Clause, he gave each of us a bar of chocolate candy, the one I got is the Marabou "Non Stop", with M&M-like chocolate candies inside the chocolate bar. I find it quite tasty because the milk taste of the choc bar is quite ok, I ate like 3-6 squares everyday, the only turn off is the M&M-like candies inside the chocolate because the coating of the candies is kinda sweet.
This afternoon while I was discussing something with one of our PMs, who is a Malay girl (30+ y/o). I notice she got this unopened Marabou "Daim"on her table. It seems that not all the chocolates are the same...
So I ask her in a joking way, "Hey Azura, do you have any concern like putting on your weight if you consume too much chocolates? Actually she is quite ok in terms of figure, she got an average figure after she gave birth, she is quite mean and often yelling at others, lucky she is ok with me... Azura just tell me directly that I can have her choc, while another PM was laughing loudly after he heard that what I said to her. She picked up her choc and flip to the other side, she said that the choc contains something that she can't eat....Before she find out what ingredient it is, I said, "That's alright, just hand it to me and I will take care for it"... She handed over to me and say, "Yeah, you can have it, give it to your kid or something..." Wah lau eh... in a sudden, it makes me wonder if I am that old?
In case you are curious, the Marabou is "Made in Sweden" and it is under "Kraft food". So you can't find it in Giant, perhaps not even IKEA.

No comments: