Sunday, March 09, 2008

A DAP polling agent

I signed up my name as a DAP polling agent (opposition party) voluntarily when I attended their "Ceramah" few days ago. Well, you see, if you work for the Opposition Party, it "sucks", because you don't get pay, BN pay me RM50 for petrol by sending people to the polling area four years ago, I greatly accepted the task, I don't have much care on Politics that time. This time, I do it for DAP, FOC! I even donate some money to them so they can fund the election. Sadly speaking, our Opposition party relies very much on donation when it comes to election, they are not like the BN political party, who can give away "red packets", free dinner, freebies at our own expenses - Tax money.
Well, as a polling agent, I get to participate in the historical moment, I was on the spot with a BN agent, who get pays like Rm100-200, we have to sit there and look at people doing the counting on votes. I tell you, the feeling is like watching those movies like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", my heart pounded everytime they say out "BN", I get some relief if is a "DAP" vote. When four tickets were "BN", my heart pound harder and faster. This is how it feels when you are a polling agent. Also, if you feel that the ticket should belongs to DAP, you have the right to say "Objection", so that you can argue with the BN agent whether the ticket should be counted as your own Party's ticket. Luckily, the room that I went only have 243 votes, the result of the votes for Parliment and States, DAP is on the lead with 12x and 11x, 10-20% lead, it is still not save yet because it is not a big margin win, but I see a new hope when other rooms came out with good news. The DAP won the Parliment seats in big majority and my neighborhood will take over by Tony Phua and his members.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised you are supporter of DAP, as I thought you guys are BN fans. I have been following Tony Pua for a while, and a frequent visitor of his blog. The OPP's victory is a good news, at least it can balance "some" political force in malaysia, but, i think still a long way to go. Unfortunately the other oxford's guy "K-Hairy" still won his seat.

hk

Kwong said...

Hey man, I think you have mistaken me and Ah Lee (Sian lee) who is a member of MCA youth, he commented that people like Tony Pua should have work for BN, but hell,the true heroes will not serve the tyranny just like the story of "Water Margin", where the Liang San Bo "bandits" rised and fight against Gao Qiu. I am all the time quite neutral before that because I don't care much about Politics back then, but after seeing the injustice, corruption, suffering or low income families from all races, and the MCA members in BN act like a plain lapdog for UMNO. I have chosen to be with DAP to fight with the righteousness. Now the Opposition has take over Selangor State, a lot of "house cleaning" work has to be done.
Thanks for your comment, this will inspire me to put more stuff.