Thursday, January 20, 2005

Lost soul in LRT

I was catching a late train (11:30pm) after the movie, feel so tiredthat I hope I hop into a bullet train. The good thing of catching a late train is you can always find seats available.I sat next to a Malay girl.didn't really see how she looks like though, her ghostly looking hair covered her face, by looking at the reflection of mirror opposite me, with some imagination, you thought that you see a lady ghost that is sitting next to you playing SMS.While I was reaching kerinchi's station, this Malay girl address me as abang and ask me how long it takes to reach Kelana station in Malay. Finally I sawher face, not as scary as I thought, it was a fair skin ok-looking Malaygirl, I look at my watch and told her about 10 minutes. Seems to me this lady is not a LRT regular, or else, how could it be you can't estimate your time and don't even sure that Kelana station is the final station? I startedto do my stat analysis on her, from her hair to her toe, yeah, no joking,her toe, but I have to emphasis I am not a "toe fetish" guy, just that ithelps me make better judgment when you gather more info. By looking at hertoes, I can tell she is not a city girl. I ask her whether if she is new in this area and where is she going? She said she is new and she is heading to Sunway. Told her that she can't get to Sunway with LRT, need a cab later. I asked her again if she is a student, she nodded. We kept quiet for 3 minutes, then she asked me question again. "Abang, how to go to section 15, Sunway, which station is closer" I answered her I am not sure, but I suggested Kelana is closer, though I thinkTaman Bahagia (my station is also closer), the reason I said Kelana is closer because I believe there will be more people there and safer for her.I advise her to ask her friend to pick her up instead of taking the taxi alone in such a late night, she told me she is new but doesn't have friendsin this area yet, she usually drive but not today. I ask her place dekat mana, but she don't know. If she knows, may be I can send her home if sheneeds my help. On second thought, the dark side inside of me started to devour myheart, I started to find excuse by telling myself I am so tired now, and this girl don't even sure where is the place, it could be very late if I look out the place and send her home, why so busybody? What if she got a gang and they rob me later? This is none of my business as all, etc. The dark side prevails this time.When my station arrived, I said "selamat malam" to her politely and walk outthe train, leaving this lost soul in LRT alone. I started to regret a bitwhile I was taking shower. I think of what if something unfortunate happened because of I didn't offer to send this stranger home? Is it myresponsibility for leaving her behind if I saw the risk? Or I am just becoming a heartless city man. like I read this kind of articles/newsbefore, a person died in a city park/office for a few days but nobody even notice that after certain period of time, because everybody just busy with their daily life, and nobody even bother to stop and take a look at the little details that happened around them.
written on 1:30am 1/20/05

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guys,

Apparently, this good friend of mine was quite heartless but I did ask
myself that am I loosing my heart as well? I would probably be doing
the
same thing maybe a bit more advice and find her a taxi. Overall, I felt
that
I am getting contagious of the city life and influent by the bad local
culture. I will evolve to be another lost soul in the city as well,
like an
undead in the resident evil city. Awaiting the angel to purify me...

Danny