Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ratatoulie Episode I


Attached is the last picture which I took for this rat, when I said 'last picture' means I am going to send the rat to sleep... forever.. Sorry to say that I have no mercy to the pest like flies, mosquitoes, cockroaches and rats... lizard is still tolerable and I think you agree with me that it doesn't fall under "Pest category" YET.
It happens sometimes before Chinese New Year, where my mom took out four chinese sausages and put it on the counter top near the washing basin. After half an hour, she came downstairs and plan to heat up the sausages. Guess what? She notice one sausage is missing! Once in a while, I also notice the gardenia plastic bag was opened, finally one day I saw this rat ran across the floor in the kitchen and hid itself behind the oven, immediately, I know I got a job to do.
The first night you won't get to catch the rat, cuz he got the chinese sausage that last him for 1-2 days. So on the third day, I prepare a nice bait for the rat - A burnt squid! I want to use the aroma coming out from the squid to attract the rat, my mom thought me this trick... but I tell you, due to I didn't install the trap correctly, the cunning rat manage to grab the squid and came out from the cage.
So the second day, I use the same bait again.... then on the other morning, my mom woke me up and told me that I have capture the rat.... to cut the story short, I boiled some hot water.... take the above photos and let the rat take some hot bath... , after terminating the rat, I don't feel easy too cuz I just killed it, perhaps the rat is a mammal. I can only say, "may the rat rest in peace".

No comments: