Monday, October 15, 2007

ORIS watch overhaul

I sent in my Oris BC3 watch for overhaul, guess how much it cost?
I have to send in to the watch shop for "overhaul" due to:
1. Watch is not accurate enough, the time difference after a few days is unacceptable.
2. Watch strap need to be replace, may be is because I was too close to the BBQ fire last time and it start to deform the rubber strap.
3. Water can go into the watch due to the crown is broken
4. Luminous on the needle has totally worn off

So I ask the watch dealer to give me a quote, here is what they gave me:
1. Watch Service (RM380)
2. Strap (RM280)
3. Crown (RM150)
4. Watch needle (RM 50)
Altogether it comes to RM860, and the watch I bought it for only RM1050 last time, I bought 3, sold 2, make some profit to cover my watch, and that bring the cost down to RM850, now servicing the watch is more than my cost, after some consideration, I decided to write off the watch, not going to repair it.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Dexclusive sells authentic brand name watches, with authentic watches offered with a BIG discount.