Friday, April 27, 2012

Hotel Mulia in Jakarta






Spent one night in Hotel Mulia, Jakarta. I have to say I really like this hotel. The bed is super comfy, soft but doesn't sink, fluffy pillows, high thread count bed sheets...

There are more than 2 complimentary mineral water for your usage, which is good for business traveller like me.

If you look at one of the photos, the room also comes with two oranges from China and 2 apples that taste like Washington's. If you wonder why I can tell the oranges are from China, this is because there is a layer of coloring on the orange. As far as I know, quite a number of oranges that imported from China had this kind of 'fake' orange color that makes the orange looks more 'orange'. Nevertheless, the oranges are sweet enough and the apples are crunchy, which means they give you the true fresh stuff and change their fruits regularly.

The room that you are seing was actually a upgraded suite. All things are in order, with good surrounding view.

The shower room is also great as they have fancy sprayers at the front and from the top, ensuring you are clean enough from every angles. Internet  connection speed comes with decent speed and you don't experience annoying prompt just to make sure you are not doing your BT (BitTorrent) stuff in hotel.

The hotel also comes with nice swimming pool, pretty good gym room, spa, sauna, steam room facilities which comes in standard as a 5 stars hotel. A company business partner once told me that this hotel was one of the best rated in terms of security level. Which is good too!

Also I would like to point out a good thing about it as there were no hotel boy that deligently offer to help you carry your luggages to your room, 'educate' you where are the switches and expect some tips in return. To be honest, I don't see this as a desired services and I am sure I will ask for help if I need one. I believe there are people out there who felt annoyed too which they don't really mind to check in their room by themselves without any hotel boy helping us to carry our luggages as most luggages already comes with wheels.

Downstairs, my colleague told me there is a nice CJ bar which comes with great live band, but too bad I am not into drinking and I was too tired and have to prepare for meeting on tomorrow morning, so I don't have the luxury to enjoy the music at the bar. However, I did dine in at the hotel, with my lunch and dinner that cost me almost Rm100 for 2 meals.

There are all kinds of food located in hotel, from western taste to asian cuisines, you are reminded not to wear slippers or sandals as some are "fine dining" restaurants with well-to-do  customers talking about Mercedes Benz and VW engine while dining in suit. Sorry I couldn't help but overheard the conversation from the table next to me.

Hotel breakfast was great, with juice that taste not far away from freshly squeezed juice. There are even sushi bar that served fresh sashimi in the morning. Both western and eastern breakfasts were served. Again, I can't get to fully enjoy my breakfast as I had to rush to the meeting early in the morning. In short, the food are great!

In case you wonder how much it cost to stay in such hotel? The price is RM660 for one night.

No comments: