Sunday, May 23, 2010

Beijing - Yuan Ming Yuan

The final place that I visited in Beijing is Yuan Ming Yuan. First time I learnt about this is during high school. The place was a "humiliation of the Chinese nation". I think the place was understated, u won't find too many tourists here but I think it really worth visiting.


The landmark of Yuan Ming Yuan




The reservoir to store water for all the fountains around the garden. Quite impressive.
This is where all the Chinese zodiac animals belong to. When the clock strike 12 noon, all the animal heads will release the water to the pool. Should be quite fascinating if the whole thing still intact.


When I was still a young student, I always wonder is there such a tree when I saw my art teacher draw the trees on his Chinese painting. Now I believe it was real!
A shelter for the emperor to have a tea break and play with his concubines?
A mini maze in the garden.

Fallen tablet.
The head of the Chinese zodiac animal cost millions!








The broken bridge

2 comments:

炭精的世界 said...

Hmmm....so they did finally renovate this garden, compare to many yrs ago, when i first visit, that area is just like ground zero, totally not worth to visit. But now, it seems worth to revisit again~

Kwong said...

Yup, you should check it out when you visit your friend there.. hehehe