Saturday, April 14, 2007

I forgive you, Tommy.

It has been ten years that I never bought any Tommy Hilfiger products in my life. This is due to his racist remarks in Oprah Winfrey Show many years ago, he commented something like his product wouldn't be so good, if the niggers and chinamen didn't buy them. He meant that his design are for the whites.
So whenever I saw people wearing Tommy's product, I told them to boycott it and don't buy his product again. I saw a lot of Koreans wearing Tommy's clothes during my university school day.
After ten years, while I was shopping in Sri Lanka shopping mall, finally, I bought a pants and later on a shirt from Tommy, I guess may be it is time to forgive this racist bastard. One of the reasons that I buy the pants is because the material is thin and it suits Malaysia hot weather, secondly, the multiple pockets is useful to me and it really looks cool. As for the shirt, I bought it because it is cheap and the color looks ok! I guess Tommy have its clothing manufactured in Sri Lanka, that's why I would say it is a good buy. U see Tommy shirt around in Sri Lanka, hahahh, Tommy, if you gonna see this, you will know where your product is positioned. Anyway, after I forgive you on your racist remarks, and hopefully in times you have learn to respect other cultures, peace out!

2 comments:

Mae Gan said...

必须澄清的是,Tommy Hilfiger 从来没上过 Oprah 的节目。 之前我也曾因为你要我们boycott TH, 所以这几年来都没买过他的产品。不过,大概就在两个月前,Oprah 终于第一次邀请TH上她的节目,TH才有机会向全世界澄清这超过十年的谣传,也趁机讨回公道,因为这是他第一次被邀请上Oprah的节目,所以之前在网络上不利他产品的谣言都不属实. 所以将来如果你再收到这email时,请用"BIG FAT LIAR" 来回复给大家.

Kwong said...

Wow,终于真相大白了!好,既然是这样,我以后肯定会"帮衬"汤米的. :p 干嘛他老人家搞了那么久才上Oprah节目啊,肯定少赚了不少. 呵呵